Lincoln has a strong commitment to international education
that has resulted in the development of internationally relevant qualifications and research activities. Since its establishment in 1878, Lincoln University has continued to develop a range of high quality, internationally recognized study options
at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Lincoln enjoys a very multicultural campus; 2,000 of the 4,300 students enrolled at Lincoln are international students from over 65 different countries. A number of Lincoln University degrees have industry accreditation that is recognized worldwide including:
- Bachelor of Commerce (Valuation and Property Management) - NZ Property Institute and Valuers Registration Board
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture – NZ Institute of Landscape Architecture
- Bachelor of Commerce (Food Industry) – NZ Institute of Food Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Commerce (Transport and Logisitics) - Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport in New Zealand (CMILT)
Lincoln University offers an extensive range of programs from Tourism Management, Commerce and Management, Software and Information Technology, Social Science, Recreation Management, Agriculture and Agricultural Science, Landscape Architecture, Viticulture and Oenology, and applied Commerce degrees in Agriculture, Food industry, Hotel and Institutional Management, Transport and Logistics, Valuation and Property Management and Environmental Management. To follow are a number of Lincoln University’s highlights and achievements in some of the areas of research and teaching:
- Bioprotection and Ecology: In 2002, Lincoln University was selected to host a Centre of Research excellence – National Centre for Advanced Bio-Protection Technologies.
- Lincoln University’s campus hosts an exciting research facility called a "biotron" - an interior, climate-controlled unit which duplicates, on a small scale, an exterior growing environment. It is one of only three of its kind in the world and the only one in the Southern Hemisphere. Environmental Management.
- Lincoln University is acclaimed in New Zealand and the Asia Pacific region as the New Zealand tertiary education institution most able to contribute to the creation of sustainable benefit from the utilization of natural resources.
- The Bachelor of Environmental degree is distinctive in New Zealand as it is the only undergraduate qualification designed to provide multidisciplinary training in policy, planning and management. Viticulture and Oenology •Viticulture and Oenology study at Lincoln was the first in the English-speaking world with an emphasis on cool climate wine production and is a leader in the field. Agriculture • Agriculture is a recognized area of excellence in teaching and research at Lincoln University, and students have been coming to Lincoln to study agriculture for over 125 years.