Monash is a member of Australia’s prestigious ‘Group of Eight’ leading universities and is ranked 60 in the world (QS World Rankings 2012). Its international reputation for research excellence will distinguish you as the graduate of a highly-respected institution. It has Australia’s largest offering in humanities and social sciences. Its MIB is not just an award: it is also a program recognised for expanding the commercial horizons of its students. In the field of education, Monash continues to engage indigenous communities and undertake research to address some of the key educational challenges of our time. In fields of Law, Medicine and Health Sciences, the University sits amongst the best in the world.
- Success begins with Monash: a Monash degree is recognized around the world and is the first step toward a successful career.
- Monash graduates have a proven track record of success in gaining employment (The New York Times survey of CEOs October 2011, The Good Universities Guide 2011)
- The Monash name is highly respected by employers. International companies recognise the potential of Monash graduates and many actively recruit on campus, including: PricewaterhouseCoopers, Mars Australia, Procter & Gamble, Rio Tinto, Deutsche Bank, Accenture, Deloitte, General Motors, Ernst & Young, General Electric, Goldman Sachs, Grant Thornton, IBM, Kraft Foods, Merrill Lynch and BHP Billiton.
- A Monash degree travels with you. Many of Monash’s most successful alumni started like you, considering studies as an international student in Australia. Their education at Monash prepared them for professional life and today they have succeeded in making considerable contributions to their home countries.
- Monash strives to deliver the best employment opportunities for students and alumni.
All Monash University’s campuses offer excellent facilities and provide the opportunity to balance studies with sports and an active social and cultural life. In Melbourne, where Monash is based, you will find people who are cosmopolitan, fun-loving and friendly. Over a third of the population has strong ties overseas, which has created a rich landscape of ideas, skills and personalities. Melbourne is ranked as the world’s most liveable city by The Economist group. Beautiful parks and gardens are a feature, while a temperate climate combines vibrant springs and colourful autumns with cool winters and hot summers.
Major events are prominent and include the Australian Football League (‘Aussie rules’), Australian Tennis Open, International Arts Festival, Formula One Grand Prix and the Melbourne Food and Wine Festival. Melbourne is also Australia’s restaurant capital with over 3,000 establishments serving the cuisines of the world to suit many tastes and budgets.
With ten faculties, significant research income and an international reputation for scholarship, Monash University offers students:
- over 6,000 courses to choose from across a large range of disciplines
- a comprehensive choice of faculties including Art & Design; Arts; Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Information Technology; Law; Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences (MNHS); Pharmacy; and Science
- a strong staff-student ratio that ensures student access to academics
- strengths in natural sciences, life sciences, biomedicine and engineering
- Arts has over 55 study areas of study in traditional, contemporary and emerging disciplines
- all Business and Economics programs are EQUIS (European Quality Standard) accredited
- a global ranking of 60 (2012 QS World Rankings), and in the top 1 percent of world universities (THES, 2012)
Each faculty has strong professional and industry links, ensuring that your Monash degree will put you in a strong position in your chosen field. Monash provides a dynamic, challenging, creative environment in which to develop your potential. A distinguishing feature of the Monash experience is the comprehensive support for international students and a balance between study and social life.
Excellence in research results in the development and delivery of world-class degrees where students undertaking programs in coursework and research are the beneficiaries.
Monash has identified five priorities addressing the most important 21st century challenges.
1. Sustainable environment
Monash researchers are seeking solutions around water supply, climate change, biodiversity, energy and transport.
2. Future Technologies
Generating new intellectual property through innovative research.
3. Health and wellbeing
Finding solutions to obesity, diabetes, heart disease, circulatory disease and stroke through medicine and technology.
5. Resilient Cultures and Communities
Developing policies that affect migration, education, economic growth and social cohesion.
A vibrant student culture and social life are hallmarks of the Monash University experience.
The Monash Students Association (MSA) runs more than 100 cultural, academic, performing arts, halls, spiritual, political, social welfare and special interest clubs, so there is sure to be something of interest.
A wide world of sports is offered including football (men’s and women’s), baseball, golf, netball, swimming, volleyball and ultimate Frisbee.
Student life can also be challenging so a full range ancillary services such as pastoral care, academic support, healthcare and international students services are available to all students of Monash University.
Bridging Cultures Orientation Program
Join Our Bridging Cultures Orientation Program
The Bridging Cultures Orientation Program (BCP) is our multi-day, in-country study abroad orientation program that blends lecture, adventure, and culture together for an informative and fun introduction to the country in which you will be living and studying. The Bridging Cultures Orientation Program is a core component of the GlobaLinks Learning Abroad Discovery Difference and designed specifically for students studying in Australia, New Zealand or the U.K. The program includes most meals, accommodation, transport, and excursions. To see what each location has to offer see below!
Learn more on how to attend HERE!